- — Extension & Building Work ( Monica and Peter Blanshard )
We bought a 1960's bungalow in Bollington that needed completely modernising. We had never undertaken anything like this before not even a simple extension. We were new to Bollington and didn't know any local builders but when we talked to people one name kept cropping up, JNR Construction.
We had several builders round but the one who impressed us most was Julian of JNR. After getting quotes we decided to go with JNR.
We have not regretted that decision. From the start Julian and his team did a great job. They turn up when they say they will, they work extremely hard and do a quality job. Any unforeseen issues that arise (which they inevitably do with any job) were explained to us and dealt with efficiently and at very little extra cost.
Julian kept us up to date and met with us regularly to explain how the build was progressing and explaining the reasons for any delays. If we needed to phone him he was always available and would call round if we needed him to clarify anything.
The whole team at JNR are courteous and professional. We would not hesitate to recommend JNR and if we were having any more work done we would go straight to Julian.
- — Extension Building Work & Landscaping ( Nigel & Lorna Davy )
It is now a couple of months since you finished the extension to our house and the attendant reprofiling of the back garden, both of which have transformed the way that we use the house and garden respectively.
Lorna and I were very impressed with the way you and your team went about the whole project. Obviously our first contacts were before we committed to giving you the job. It was clear from our first meeting that you were intent on understanding the job and giving a price that truly reflected the complete scope of work. This was not the case with some of your competitors!
Upon starting the work we were impressed with the organisation of the job and the way you and your team progressed. As with most clients we were worried about the mess that would be created but you were true to your word in leaving the jobsite clean and tidy at the end of each working day.
The job had some technical complexity due to the size of the structural steelwork, getting the “levels” exactly right and installing the Vufold doors. In all cases these were executed to perfection with you clearly ensuring that people in your team were experienced in the type of work.
All in all we are very pleased that we selected you and your team as you minimised the inevitable pain that any job of this scale entails and we have ended up with a delightful extension to our home.
- — Home Extension ( Diane and Stewart Murdoch, Cheshire )
When planning the extension to our home, securing the services of a TrustMark (trustmark.org.uk) and FMB (fmb.org.uk) approved developer with trustworthy references was a prerequisite and we found that in JNR Construction.
During the execution of our project, JNR's team of contractors were professional, courteous and highly understanding and attentive to client needs; in short, a pleasure to have on our project and we would not hesitate to use the services of Julian and his team again.
- — Building Alterations ( Dave and Dale Tipney )"We chose JNR Construction to carry out the building alterations and addition of a bay to our house based on 1. recommendation of a previous client of yours 2. recommendation of our architectural/building consultant and 3.on the detailed nature of your quotation compared to others received.We are very pleased with the final result and would particularly like to compliment you on the way your tradesmen conducted themselves. The thirteen bricklayers,joiners,plumbers,electricians and plasterers,without exception, were hard working and polite, and not a swear word was heard in two months! This must be a record in your industry, and is testament to the standards you expect.Thanks again and we would have no hesitation in recommending JNR Construction to any of our friends.I have no hesitation in recommending JNR Construction and I would use them again, it has been a pleasure to do business with them."
- — Holmes Naden Estate Agents, Bollington ( Edward Naden, Holmes Naden Estate Agents )"I own one of Cheshire's most prestigious Estate Agents and I am frequently asked if I am able to recommend a reliable company who could carry out high quality building work. I feel fully justified in putting forward JNR Construction, in whom I have the utmost confidence. I have used them myself for both domestic and commercial work and I have first hand experience of their workmanship.I first employed them for building a garage at my own home and I was very impressed by the standard and quality of the work . The site was always left clean and the job was carried out in a highly professional manner giving excellent value for money. I was so impressed with the finished result that when I moved premises in Bollington, I once again employed JNR Construction to carry out the work. It is obvious that JNR has used only the very best of tradesmen for each particular job, the interior wood work in oak has been expertly crafted and contributes something special to the interior. The exterior of the shop has been thoughtfully and carefully restored to its original state, resulting in a stunning example of what can be done in the right hands. Julian Rowlands, the director of JNR Construction, has a wealth of experience from which he can draw, he can offer useful advice and put forward helpful suggestions, he is very approachable and will spend time with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.I have no hesitation in recommending JNR Construction and I would use them again, it has been a pleasure to do business with them."
- — Basement & Building Work ( Joe and Adam Stone )"We had the pleasure of the services of JNR Construction over a period of many months, for a wide variety of building projects in our home. Amongst these jobs were a full basement conversion to provide a bedroom, bathroom and utility area, with internal walls removed / reinstated on the ground floor level, as well as structural improvements to the lintels and exterior brickwork. During the design process we were fully supported by Geoff, who liased with the structural engineer and other tradesmen; all of whom had excellent standards of workmanship.Our many building requirements were undertaken with care, foresight and skill. Geoff was always available to discuss the projects, giving invaluable advice based upon his own extensive experience of renovation and project management.The construction team and tradesmen all had fantastic standards of quality and expertise, providing a comprehensive service for all aspects of the projects. The team were professional throughout, working with attention to detail and great skill.My husband and I felt very satisfied with all aspects of the work and would certainly employ JNR Construction again for future building projects."
- — New Kitchen Extenstion ( Dave Blyth - Macclesfield )"Although our kitchen extension was finished a few months ago, I have waited until we have used the new rooms, so that I can make a reasoned review, rather than just reacting to a brand new gleaming facility. We are extremely happy not just with the project management and quality of work by JNR Construction, but the various suggestions whenever compromises occurred. These ranged from a minor aspect of detail to the best way of sealing off the house whilst the new building progressed. The work was not just a simple extension but had to interface with our existing kitchen and utility room, plus providing a new toilet. At the same time we wanted plenty of light so doubling-up as a summer room. On all fronts, this has worked and as the architect was also new to us, the close working relationship between them was especially reassuring. Although we didn’t know Julian and his team before we commissioned the work, they were not just hard-working but good-humoured and professional with it. Each trade interfaced well and on schedule with each other. We would have no hesitation in recommending JNR Construction for extensions or other building work."
- — New 1st Floor Extension & Refurbishment ( Rob Gray )I can't recommend JNR highly enough - they were like the John Lewis of builders. The workmanship and products were top notch. Everyone involved was incredibly pleasant to deal with. Communication was excellent - rarely did Julian not answer the phone promptly (even when knee deep in concrete). Any issues were sorted out quickly and without quibble. And they were never knowingly undersold.
- — CaDrchitecture ( Anton Rodgers RIBA, Director )We have engaged JNR Construction on two projects during 2010 having been introduced to them by recommendation. I have no complaints about their workmanship and find them to be industrious, helpful and enthusiastic.I will have no hesitation in considering them for future projects and recommending them to others.
- — NAPA ( Ryland Wakeham, Director )JNR has proved an efficient and quality builder for us at The White House Manor Hotel, Prestbury.Julian's flexible approach allowed us to modify the conservatory, lounge and a new additional bedroom with minimal guest interruption, with the work completed on time and in budget. This success lead to JNR to be awarded the joint contract for the major refurbishment of NAPA, lounge, bar and diner in Bramhall, also to the same satisfaction.We look forward to working with JNR again in the near future."
- — Extension Building Works ( Jim and Janet Brown )JNR Construction Ltd built a large kitchen and family room extension and patio for us over the summer of 2011. They also undertook a substantial amount of internal work including repositioning and replacing the staircase, re-siting a downstairs cloakroom, combining the existing hallway and porch and laying oak flooring throughout the ground floor.Throughout the whole project they gave us excellent service. They offered imaginative but practical suggestions during the planning phase, they and their associated tradesmen were always punctual and polite and the finish was to a very high standard. The work site was always left secure, safe and tidy. Since completion of the work,visitors regularly comment on the high quality of their workmanship.The work carried out by JNR Construction has transformed our home in exactly the way we had envisaged and therefore we have no hesitation in recommending Julian and everyone associated with JNR Construction to anyone seeking high quality building work.
- — Garden Landscaping ( Mrs Trish Smith )I had a large Patio Extension carried out by JNR Construction and I am extremely pleased with the end result. Nothing was too much trouble, very polite and very clean workers.I would highly recommend JNR Construction.